Are you a Victim of Domestic Violence?
1. Is your partner threatening or violent towards you or the children?
2. Do you find yourself making excuses or minimizing your partner's behavior?
3. Do you feel completely controlled by your partner?
4. Do you feel helpless, trapped, alone, and isolated?
5. Do you blame yourself for the violence?
6. Does your partner blame you and tell you that you are the cause of all his problems?
7. Do you blame the violence on stress, on drugs/alcohol, or a bad childhood?
8. Does your partner constantly accuse you of having affairs when he can't account for 100% of your time?
Does he tell you jealousy is a sign of love?
9. Do you fear going home?
10. Are you limited in your freedom like a child? (Go to the store and come straight home. It should take you 15 minutes.)
11. Do you find yourself lying to hide your partner's real behavior (for example, saying you fell down the stairs when actually you were pushed)?
12. Are you embarrassed or humiliated by your partner in an effort to control your behavior, especially in public?
13. Does your partner abandon you, leave you places, or lock you out?
14. Does your partner hide your keys, mail, or other important papers?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you may be in a domestic violence situation. Please call us. 479-968-3110